|Remove||Item||Quantity × Price|
|Your cart is empty|
On day 2 of our 12 days of crafting we showed you how to make a citrus garland and know we have more! We are bringing back the orange-goodness with our orange peel ornaments.
First off, with all these orange decorations your house is going to smell amazing. Secondly, citrus fruits truly offer us so much. Not only are they rich in vitamins and an excellent source of fibre, but they are also incredibly diverse and useful when it comes to crafting and making decorations. With its vivid orange colour and ease of use, who could say no to these stunning orange peel decorations?
They are as easy as pie to make, but you will need:
- 1 Orange
- Twine, string, or ribbon
- Small (1 inch) cookie cutter of any shape, here is used a star
- Metal pin
- Use a knife to cut off both ends of the orange. Next, run a knife from end to end, then carefully pull the peel off trying to keep it as intact as possible.
- Using your small cookie cutter, cut out the shapes from the peel.
- With a metal pin, create holes at the top of each cut out.
- Thread the twine, string, or ribbon through the hole, and knot the loop at the top.
After completing this craft, take time to explore our range of AAaH kits. We offer accessible and exciting pathways into crafts for all ages and experience levels, while priding ourselves on our connections with our communities, the sustainable aspects, and our commitment to providing arts for all. Read up on Dee’s Clay Candlestick making kit or delve into Jesmisha’s Portrait in Oil’s kit to learn at any time with professional artists about their own crafts.